In our day to day lives, we use Google docs in portrait mode. However, in certain cases, we might want to change Google Docs orientation to landscape. So the question is how to change to landscape in Google Docs?
Using the Google docs landscape mode, you will be able to get more space. As a result, you can insert a wider table in your document or print something in landscape mode.
But switching to Landscape in Google Docs is a bit complicated task to many newbie users out there. However, to make it easy for you, I am going to talk about how to put a Google Doc in landscape.
However, before we go ahead and start following the process, there is one drawback that I would like to talk about:
Google Docs only lets you change the orientation of an entire document. Unlike Word, it does not let you change the orientation of different sections. So you will need to deal with the limitations, and you cannot put one landscaped document along with all the other portrait oriented documents.
How To Change To Landscape In Google Docs?
1. At first, go to Google Docs and create a new document. Or you can open up an existing document that you wish to edit.
2. Then from the above menu, go to File > Page Setup.
3. Over here, select Landscape and click on the OK button.
4. Once done, Google docs will get switched to the Landscape mode.
How To Change Page Orientation In Google Docs On Mobile?
In case if you are using Google docs mobile app on your Android and iOS device, then you follow the below steps to switch to landscape mode:
1. At first, launch the Google Docs app on your smartphone.
2. Tap on the “+” icon from the bottom right corner and select New document. Or you can open up an existing document.
3. Next, tap on the three dots icon located top right corner.
4. Then go to Page setup.
5 Over here, select Orientation.
6. Finally, tap on Landscape, and your document will get switched to Landscape mode from Portrait mode.
Note: Switching a Portrait document to Landscape mode in Google sheets may move some of your documents element. And it might change the appearance of your content negatively. So you will need to rearrange some of the elements again. Also, before you switch to landscape mode, do take a backup of your Google doc.
- Also Check: How To Merge Cells In Google Sheet
How to Make Documents Landscape By Default in Google Docs?
If you are only going to use Landscape Google documents, then there is no point of doing page setup again and again. Instead, you can set Landscape mode by default in Google docs. For this, you will need to follow these steps:
1. At first, launch an existing document or create a new one.
2. Then from the File, go to Page Setup.
3. Over here, select the Landscape option.
4. Also, select the Set as Default option and click on OK.
Once done, all your Google docs will be in Landscape mode by default. This means, when you will create a new Document in Google docs, it will be in landscape mode only. However, by following the above steps, you can switch back to Portrait mode and set it as default.
So that was the answer to your how to change to landscape in Google docs question. Using the above methods, you can easily switch to landscape mode and edit or print your documents. Also, you can set your preferred page orientation by default. So do check the steps out and see how they are working for you.