Wondering How To Fix Corrupted SD Card On Android Without Computer? If your answer is yes then I am here to help you out.
These days, there are hardly anyone uses SD cards. However, still, there are different smartphones and cameras that use an SD card for storing files. And it is one of the most convenient ways to expand the memory of any device.
But there are times when your SD card becomes inaccessible or might get corrupted. In this case, checking it with a PC is a great idea. But in case if you don’t have access to a computer and want to fix corrupted SD card on Android, then you will need to follow these steps:
Make Sure Your SD Card is Corrupted
Before going into the solutions to fix a corrupted SD card, the first thing that we need to do is if your SD card is really corrupted or not.
Since SD Card can meet with several issues. As a result, your device may not detect the SD card. Hence, it would be a good idea to make sure your SD card is corrupted and then follow the solutions.
To make sure that your SD card is corrupted, you can look for these below signs:
- Your Android device is not recognizing your SD card as a storage device.
- Certain or all the files on your SD card are not readable.
- Your photos might be missing from your SD card.
- You can’t move or delete any data.
- The data you have deleted are back, and you can’t store any new data.
- Your device is showing an error while “reading/writing” the SD card.
- You may see error messages like “check your SD card before inserting it” or ‘SD card unexpectedly removed’.
- Read or write speeds have become extremely slow or unusable.
In case, if you see any of these problems, then it can be believed that your SD card is corrupted. So let’s just go ahead and check out the solutions to fix corrupted sd card Android:
How To Fix Corrupted SD Card On Android Without Computer?
1. Insert the SD card to other devices
You can also try inserting your SD card to a different device and check if your SD card is working fine on their device or not.
There is a high chance that your Android phone is facing some kind of SD card supporting issue. As a result, it could not detect your card. However, you can insert your card to another Android device and check if the card is working or not.
If your SD card works on other device, then it simply means that either your SD card is not compatible with your phone. In this case, you can take a backup of your SD card and format it.
2. Format the Corrupted SD Card
Formatting the SD card is one of the best ways to fix a corrupted SD card on Android without a computer.
As long as your smartphone is detecting your SD card, you can easily format it using your phone. You don’t need to use any of the third party apps or need a computer to complete the format.
However, you should know that formatting your SD card will erase all your data. So I would recommend you to take a backup of your SD card if possible. For taking a backup, you can consider these 7 ways to transfer files from Phone to PC without USB.
Here is a guide on how to format your SD card on Android:
- At first, go to settings > Additional settings in your android device.
2. Then select the Storage option from the settings.
3. Scroll down, and you will find your SD card information.
4. Now select Erase/Format SD card option (You may need to confirm twice).
5. Wait for the formatting to end.
6. Then remove your SD card restart your device and reinsert it.
7. Finally, check if it has fixed your corrupt SD card or not.
- Also Check: How To Stop Avast From Blocking A Website?
3. Fix Corrupted SD Card Android Using App
There is quite a lot of SD card repairing apps are available in the Google Play Store. Some of the popular names are the SD Maid, SD card cleaner, Repair system for android, CPDT Benchmark, and so on. These apps will help you to fix a corrupted SD card without using a computer.
Also, using these apps is extremely easy. All you have to do is scan your SD card using an Android app, and it will run the repairing process.
4. Use SD card repair solution provided by the manufacturer
In case if any of the above mentioned methods did not work for you, then you can try out SD card repair solution provided by your SD card manufacturer.
There are lots of SD card manufacturers such as SanDisk, Samsung, Toshiba and others provide you a repair solution for your corrupted storage device.
Simply go to their official website and look for download option. Even, you can also contact your SD card’s manufacturer for additional help.
- Also Check: How to Download Music From Youtube On Android?
So that was all for your how to fix corrupted SD card on Android without computer question. So goa head and try out the above methods and see how it is working for you.
However, repairing a corrupt SD card using a computer is a lot easier than using an android device. Anyway, if there is anything you would like to ask, then do feel free to comment below.