Want to know how to merge cells in Google Sheet? If your answer is yes, then read on. Merging cells is one of the most important features that every spreadsheet program should have. Hence, Google sheet also offering the same.
There are quite a lot of reasons why you want to merge cells in Google Sheets. Maybe you want your Google sheet to be well organized, or you want to merge two cells into one. However, it does not matter what your requirements are, if you are using Google sheets for the first time, you may find it a bit difficult to merge cells in Google Sheet. But not to worry, I have got your back.
So let’s just quickly get into the topic without wasting much of the time:
Note: Before you go ahead and start merging cells in Google sheets, you should know that when you merge multiple cells having content in it. All the content will get deleted, and you will only get to see the content of the first cell after merging all the cells.
How To Merge Cells In Google Sheet?
1. First of all, sign in to Google sheets and open up the spreadsheet in which you want to merge cells.
2. The next step is to select cells to merge. For this, you can simply hold your mouse button on the first cell and then drag and select all the other cells that you want to merge.
3. Now, you need to click on the merge icon, as shown in the screenshot below.
4. Once done, all your cells will be merged into one.
- Also Check: How To Stop Avast From Blocking A Website?
How To Combine Cells In Google Sheets (Alternative Method)
1. At first, open up the spreadsheet that you would like to edit.
2. Then select all the cells that you would like to merge together.
3. Next, from the menu go to Format > Merge Cells > Merge All.
4. Once done, all the selected cells in Google sheets will get merged.
How To Merge Cells In Google Sheets On Mobile?
Apart from Google sheet’s web version, you can also use the Google sheets mobile app available for Android and iOS to merge cells in Google sheets.
If you are using the mobile app, then you can follow these steps:
1. At first launch, Google sheets app and select the spreadsheet you would like to edit.
2. Then long press on a cell to get into the selecting mode.
3. Next, you will need to select all the cells that you want to merge in.
4. Once done, tap on the merge icon located at the bottom of the screen.
5. Once done, all the selected cells will get merged and you are all done.
How to merge Cells in Horizontally and Vertically?
Apart from merging all cells option, there are also two other options, which are “Merge Horizontally” and “Merge Vertically”. So the question is, how these two options works?
Well, let me explain both of the options one by one over here:
When you select the merge horizontally option, it merges all the cells in a horizontal way. However, for a clear understanding, you can refer to the below image:
Similarly, if you select the Merge Vertically option, it will merge all the cells in a vertical way while separating each column. For better understanding, refer to this below image:
That was the answer to how to merge cells in the Google sheet question. Merging cells in Google sheets web version and mobile app is extremely straightforward. So go ahead and try out the steps and see how they are working for you. Also, if you want to ask anything, do comment below.