PDFs are one of the best ways to share information with others. Even it is one of the most used document format used by people all around the globe. However, there are times when you want to hide sensitive details on a PDF file before sharing it with someone else. So the question is How To Redact in Adobe?
By redacting, you will be able to hide sensitive information while keeping your document’s formatting. It can be used for covering private information like your social security number, phone number, images, and so on.
To redact in Adobe, go to Tools > Redact > Mark For reduction. Then select the area that you wish to hide. Once done, export the document, and you are done.
However, you should know that Redact is not a free feature that you get with Adobe Reader. Instead, you will need to purchase a subscription of the PDF reader. But the good part is that you can start with a free trial.
Anyway, let me just go ahead and explain how to redact in Adobe reader in details:
How To Redact in Adobe?
Adobe Acrobat Reader comes with quite a lot of features. So you can redact your desired location pretty easily. And below, I have shared a couple of ways to perform redaction in Adobe Reader:
Redact Text in Adobe
1. First of all, download and install Adobe reader pro if you don’t have it installed on your computer.
2. Once Adobe reader is installed, launch it from your PC.
3. Then go to Tools from the top navigation menu.
4. Now from the Protect and & Standardize, you have to select “Redact” option.
5. Then you will need to select a PDF file in which you want to hide texts.
6. Now you will need to select the areas which you wish to redact.
7. Once selected, simply hit the Apply button located top right corner, and you will get to see that your selected replaced with a black mark. Also, you will get a Save as option. However, you should cancel this option if you want to hide more information from the PDF.
After canceling, you can again select the text you want to hide and hit the apply button, and you are all done.
- Also Check: How To Merge Cells In Google Sheet?
Redact Image in Adobe
In case, if you want to hide sensitive images from a PDF document, then doing so using the Redact tool is pretty straightforward. Simply go ahead and follow the below mentioned step by step guide to learn how to redact images in Adobe reader:
1. At first, launch Adobe Reader from your computer.
2. Then select and open the PDF file via Adobe reader.
3. Next, from the sidebar, select More Tools and Select Redact.
4. Now, use your mouse to select the image area that you wish to hide.
5. Finally, hit the Apply button from the top right corner and save the PDF to your desired location.
In case if you wish to hide more images, do cancel the save option after clicking on the apply button. You will need to select all the images one by one and hit the apply button. There is no need for you to click on the apply button for individual images.
Redact Pages in Adobe
If you want to redact the entire page using Acrobat reader, then you can also use the redact feature. For this, you will need to go ahead and follow these below steps:
1. Launch Adobe reader pro from your computer.
2. Then go to Tools menu and select Redact.
3. Next, from the “Redact Text & Images” drop down menu, select Redact Pages option.
4. Now you have to mark page range. Over here, you can perform two actions, you can mark the current page for redaction. Or you can select a specific page range for redaction. So do the needful according to your requirements.
5. Finally, hit the Apply button from the top right corner and export the PDF to your desired location and are all done.
Find Text & Redact in Adobe Acrobat Reader
In case, if you have used a specific text quite a lot of times in your PDF document, then using the “Find Text & Redact” is the best option. This feature will find a specific text in your PDF document and redact it.
To get started with this, feature, you will need to follow thee steps:
1. At first, select the PDF in which you want to hide texts and open it via Adobe Acrobat Reader.
2. From the sidebar, go to More Tools and select Redact.
3. Now from the “Redact Text & Images” drop down menu, select “Find Text & Redact” option.
4. It will open up a new search window. From here, you can select a single word, multiple words or phrases.
5. Then enter a single word or multiple words according to your previous settings.
6. Finally, hit the search and remove text button, and you are all done.
So that was all for the how to redact in Adobe guide. I am hopeful that by following all the above steps, you can easily redact your desired text, image, or page. In case, if you have any more questions to ask, then do feel free to drop a comment below and I will surely help you out.