Discord is a platform designed to help gamers to communicate with other gamers online. However, the thing with Discord is that there is no Discord application available for PlayStation 4 like Windows. So the question is how to use Discord on ps4?
Well, using Discord on PS4 is not really a challenging task as it seems. As a PS4 user, you already know that PS4 comes with a browser. And all you have to do is use your PS4 browser to use Discord.
By the way, let me also mention that PS4 browser will not help you alone to use Discord on PS4. But, you will also require a MixAMP device, as you want to enjoy voice communication features.
However, to help you understand in a better way, let me just go ahead and talk about how to use Discord on ps4 in detail.
So here we go:
Is Discord Available on PS4?
Since the launch of Discord, the application has taken over the world, and it is being used by every other gamer. Even not just gamers, there are people from other communities and industries using Discord to communicate with fellow people.
Discord is available for a wide range of devices like Microsoft Windows, Linux, Android, iOS and so on. But sadly, Discord is not available on PlayStation 4 as of now.
However, PlayStation gamers have been requesting Discord for Discord PS4 support. But, it seems like there is no hope as of now.
- Also Check: Logitech G Hub Not Detecting Mouse
Discord on PlayStation 4
As I have just mentioned that there is no hope for Discord to come on PlayStation as of now. But luckily, there are different ways to use Discord on PlayStation 4.
Gamers have found various ways that allow them to run Discord on PS4. However, it requires you to have multiple hardware to run everything smoothly.
To run Discord On PlayStation 4, you will need to meet these requirements:
- A headset with optical cable along with a base station and USB support. If you don’t own a good headset already, then you can check out the Astro AR0 TR.
- A MixAmp Device which will allow you to switch audio between your computer and PS4.
- 3.5mm cable.
- 3.5mm Aux Splitter.
- 3.5mm to 3.5mm with volume control.
- A computer or laptop with Discord installed.
How To Download Discord On PS4?
In order to download Discord on PlayStation 4, we will be using the web platform. As I have mentioned before that there is no official Discord application available for PlayStation as of now. So we will have to stick with the web platform only.
Anyway, here are the steps that you will need to follow:
- At first, launch the inbuilt browser from your PS4.
2. Go to the URL bar, and type down discord.com.
3. From Discord, select Login and enter your account credentials.
4. Once done, you will get logged into your Discord account.
How to Use Discord on PS4?
Now you will need to set up a system to use Discord on PS4. For this, you can go ahead and follow these steps:
1. At first, connect the optical cables from your headphone to your MixAmp and to your PS4.
2. Then from the PlayStation settings, go to Sound and Screen > Audio output settings.
3. Over here, you have to configure out the Primary output port to Digital output (optical).
4. Next, connect your USB cable from your base station to your PC. Also, ensure that your base station should be in the PC mode.
5. After that, you have to launch Discord on your computer and change the input device settings to your MixAmp.
6. Next, plug in your PC speakers in the MixAMP 3.5mm port.
7. Finally, you will need to configure the output settings on your computer.
Once you have completed all the above steps, you will be able to use Discord on PlayStation 4 without any trouble.
Frequently Asked Questions And Answers
Is Discord on PS4?
No, as of now, there is no official version of Discord available on PlayStation yet. Also, there is no plan to launch to Discord for playstation as of now.
How to use Discord on PS4 without MixAmp?
There is no way to use Discord on PS4 without MixAMP. Of course, you will be able to run Discord using the PS browser. But you will not be able to voice communicate with your friends. But you can perform text chatting.
Can you use Discord on PlayStation 4?
The only way to use Discord on PlayStation 4 is to use the web platform of Discord. But the web platform misses some of the important features like voice communication.
So that was the answer to your how to use Discord on PS4 question. I have talked about a step by step guide to set up Discord on PlayStation 4. Of course, it contains some tech purchases. But apart from this, there is no other way to install Discord on PlayStation.
Now it is your call, to go ahead and check these steps out and see if they are working for you or not. Also, if there is anything you wish to ask, then do feel free to comment below and I will help you out.