Avast is one of the popular free antivirus programs available for Windows and other platforms. While the antivirus program works pretty amazingly, but there are issues that you face from time to time. One such issue is that Avast considers genuine websites as a threat. As a result, you cannot access the website. So the question is how to stop avast from blocking a website?
Avast has an inbuilt feature called core shield, which protects your website from different threats. Such as it looks for new files that are added to your computer, blocks web attacks and unsafe downloads, blocks spam mail attachments, and many more.
However, if you disable the web browser protection, then Avast will no longer block your favorite websites.
In this article, I am going to talk about it only. Along with that, I will also talk about how you can whitelist your favorite sites. So avast no longer will block them, and you will get an uninterrupted browsing experience.
How to stop Avast from blocking a website?
1. Launch Avast Antivirus from the system tray.
2. From the left side menu bar, click on Protection.
3. Go to Core Shields.
4. Over here, you will find the Web Shield option, Toggle it off.
5. Once you toggle it off, you will find 4 duration options. Simply select your preferred duration.
6. Next, click on OK, Stop button, and Avast’s web protection will get turned off.
Turning off web protection is a great idea to stop Avast from blocking a website. However, web protection is considered to be one of the important Protection and I would recommend you keep it enabled only.
You can turn off the Protection when you are doing something. Also, you can whitelist your favorite websites, so in the future, Avast will no longer block them.
To do so, you can follow these steps:
How to Add Avast Exceptions/Whitelist?
1. Launch Avast and go to Menu.
2. Go to Settings.
3. From the settings, go to Exceptions.
4. Click on the Add Exception button.
5. Over here, copy and paste the website URL and click on Add Exception.
That’s it. Avast now will consider your entered URL as a safe one, and it will no longer block it. So in case if you are visiting a website quite frequently, you can consider whitelisting it for a better experience.
In case if you face any kind of trouble while following the above methods, do comment below and I will help you out.